Friday, April 1, 2011

04/01/2011

Everything is everything fam! Things are going alright with me. I am patiently awaiting my appoint this Tuesday which, if you can't already tell, I am excited about. I was texting one of my friends last night and I told him that I was feeling a little lonely.... like I am embarking on this journey alone (due to lack of support in my life), and he made me feel really better. He told me that sometimes you have to go through this journey alone. Which makes a lot of sense.... being that I know what is going on through my head and how I feel, I guess there is nothing wrong with embarking on such a quest by myself. Hopefully after this visit (therapist), I will get my letter to go see an endocrinologist. An endocrinologist is a specially trained doctor. Endocrinologists diagnose diseases that affect your glands. They know how to treat conditions that are often complex and involve many systems within your body. There is only one here in Richmond that will treat trans individuals and I heard he is hard to get an appointment with. His name is Dr. Burris and he comes highly recommended by some of my friends. They say he is good with following up with you to make sure your levels are balanced and that you aren't having any complications with the horomone replacement therapy. There are specific guidelines in the WPATH/Harry Benjamin Standards of Care(http://www.wpath.org/publications_standards.cfm) as to what is recommended to be in therapist’s letters. I did my research about the WPATH/Harry Benjamin Standards of Care and read through it carefully.... just so I know more detail about the process. I do not want to go into this blindly, so this requires a lot of reading and follow up. I ended up going onto a website of a transman and it was quite informative (http://www.ftmtransition.com/index.html). Check it out if you have a chance. Well, this will be quite an interesting weekend, and I know I will make sure to update after my doctor's visit on Tuesday. Hopefully, it will be my 'birthday'!

No comments:

Post a Comment