Thursday, April 7, 2011

04/07/2011

I just spoke to my manager about the meetings that are scheduled to educate my job with what is going on. The first meeting is next Thursday, the 14th for the managers. It is more a diversity training session.... they won't disclose who will be transitioning, but just to cover some ground just in case someone comes to them and says 'hey I just saw such and such enter the men's bathroom'. They will be equiped to handle all of those concerns on their own before it blows up and goes to HR. The next meeting which will be out peer/agent meeting.... this is the one that I will be able to sit in and answer any questions my peers may have. I have to come up with a list of individuals that I want to attend and that will be an advocate on my behalf with their co-workers. Pretty much covering double ground. I am confident that I will not have any troubles with transitioning here at work....

So Brandi and I were having a disagreement about what my name should be. She says that Byron seems too nerdy and suggested that I go with Bandaid (I think she was just playing but knowing her.... I doubt it. LOL). And we started to go through names of what I like and what I don't like and she came up with Bryant (which I like).... this is my grammies last name and I don't know how to feel taking that on as my first. I would love to chance my last name to Bryant just to honor her.... so when I get married and have kids... the legacy will live on. But I told Brandi that I was pretty much stuck on Byron Sebastian Salter (Bastian for those who like Sebastian but chooses not to say the whole thing). I was even thinking about getting a second missle name but that's just too much. A lot of people say they don't see me as a Byron, but moreso with an artsy name like Miles or something like that. LOL. I am an artsy person so I see where that would come from.... My name will be something that will stick with me for the rest of my life.... so it has to be something I can live with, answer to, and look good on a resume....

I will be leaving for Atlanta either tonight or early tomorrow morning to see my grammie. I spoke with ym twin and she said that she seems much better in the hospice now. They keep her comfortable and drugged up so she doesn't feel any pain (which is what I am most concerned about). I just pray that whenever God takes her home, that she will no longer be in pain and she will be happier than a bee in a flower bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment