Thursday, April 21, 2011

04/21/2011

It is finally over. She is gone and I am okay. Of course I have my moments, but it is hard to know that my major support is gone. She will be missed greatly, and I hope she realized and know how much I loved her before she left Earth.

On a much lighter note, my meeting with my peers is tomorrow. I am excited to let them know about my journey and what all will be done. I need to get on the ball and get my name change paperwork in order, and turn that in. I will not have them start calling me by my new name, which by the way I do have a nickname (Sean), until Monday so they can take it all in and we start a new week. I am leaving my current team to go to a different department. It is all good, but now I have to let them know what I am doing. I need to call Dr. Van Cleave and let her know when my appointment for Dr. Burris is so she can have my letter prepared.

OK, my ex came up with Sean because she likes the name. She wanted my name to be Sean Bastian Salter... which sounds wonderful. That name does go hard.... but, I am sticking with Byron Sebastian because that is what I want to go by. I choose to keep Sean though just in case. If you take the first two letters of my middle name and the last two letters, it does come up to Sean. It makes it a lot easier to say verse Sebastian. LOL. So if people prefer to call me Sean, I will answer to that as well.

I have been getting a lot of emails on Facebook about my transition. A lot of love and support on there too! There are saying how brave I am and how they love reading my blogs, which makes me feel so good. I want to put my journey out there for others so they can understand. There are a lot of resources out there for transitioning from female to male, but it's nothing like have personal experiences to learn from. I am all about educating others about the process. It seems like transmen are the black sheep of the LGBT community. It's easier to accept a transwoman, but people don't realize that transmen actually exist. I want to change that, and hopefully I will be able to.



Here is my Grammie. Everything I do is dedicated to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment