Sunday, March 27, 2011

03/27/2011

Well well well... it has been a long time since I have WRITTEN in my journal. Only because I wanted to create a blog. It is easier for me to type rather than write in a book. Okay... to update you very quickly. I ended up getting a binder from www.underworks.com. They are an FTM friendly company that carries a lot of binders, etc. The first one I got was the Tri-Top Chest Binder.... it did what it was suppose to do but boy does that thing roll up! It got to be uncomfortable and cutting into me really bad. I tried to wear it everyday but it was just unbearable. Because I am heavy chested (38 G to be exact), it did not go over well. I thought maybe I needed a larger size, but I knew that wasn't going to help with the rolling. So I ended up getting another one which is the Ultimate Chest Binder Tank. This is a lot longer and I am able to tuck it into my pants, which reduces the rolling action. Because it is so tight, i have to wear a thin t-shirt under it so it will not cut into my skin. The compression is great.... I can breath, but once again because I am so large chested, to me it looks funny. My sister said it looked like I was just buff in the chest and told me it looked fine. Of course if it doesn't look right to the person that's wearing it, it seems like it's not getting the job done. It will do for now until I start taking the testosterone and my top surgery (within a year or so after the testosterone replacement therapy). I have been using a website called www.ftmguide.org with has a lot of resources to help me with my questions on transitioning. I found out about lifters too... which you put them into your shoes to make you appear taller. Considering I do not want to be a 5'3 strapping young man... I decided that i would invest into some. There is a lot of talk how testosterone will make you grow and that is not true. It will if you are beginning puberty, but because I am long past that stage in my life, the only thing that will grow would be my hands and my feet (which are already big). I see the difference when I put the lifters into my shoes... It doesn't have me walking funny or anything and the height difference is great (even if it's only an inch)! I ordered them from a company called Levitator Lifts (http://www.talleryou.com/). I found out that my insurance will cover my hormone replacement therapy, doctor visits, STD when I am out after any surgery where I am paid to be out, my therapy, and any lab cost. The only thing I am not covered for is my gender reassignment surgeries... which by the way, my company is working on making it available by next year!!! That is a blessing within itself!!! That surgery can cost between 5000-10000 dollars! So if my insurance can cover a portion of it, that will be amazing! i guess I have another year at the job huh? I have a week until my initial appointment to see the therapist, and hopefully I will get my letter to start taking testosterone. I have decided with a name.... Byron Sebastian Salter. I didn't want to stray too far from my real name.... just out of comfort level. I have included a picture of me with my binder on.... it's not what I want, but it will have to do for right now....

Front View


Side View

Tri-Top Chest Binder
(this one caused a lot of problems while wearing. It rolls up a lot)

Ultimate Chest Binder Tank
(this is the one I currently have now. I can tuck it into my pants and it doesn't roll as much)

2 comments: