Sunday, March 27, 2011

03/09/2011

Last night was a really good night. Even though I had to circle around about 3 times in order to find the building, there was a lot of participation. I met one transman named Shane. He's an African American, 32 years old, and has been on T (testosterone) for a whole year now. There was another one named Ki and he's 48 years old. They were all so nice though. There was another one named Alex who is a big trans advocate. Never would I have thought he was once a she. I meet with my job's (I will not disclose my employment) HR department on Friday morning to see what kind of accommodations they will have for me. I am truly excited about that meeting as well as my first session. The support group last night gave me more confidence and assurance that i am doing the right thing. I am looking forward to begin my journey. I need to get a new email address that will reflect my new name and start using it. I guess I have to start telling my friends to call me by my new name and all... it's going to be an adjustment for everyone. I've been thinking about a middle name as well. I don't even know if I'm going to stick with Sebastian. It is a powerful name... but its also the name of the crab in the Little Mermaid movie. What about D'Anthony? Brian? Byron? I still like Sebastian.

No comments:

Post a Comment