Friday, March 1, 2013

03/01/2013- WHEW! Been a long time!

It has been over a year since the last time I wrote in my blog. How the time flies! So many different things have happened and changed during the course of the year. Not too much though, but enough for it to be noticeable! Where shall we begin....

Well, I was working on saving the money to go get my top surgery done, but being that my insurance company is going to cover it, I really don't have too much to worry about.... other than trying to find a surgeon that will take insurance for the procedure. I have found one, and with my insurance, it requires me to have 2 therapist letters and one from my endo. Well, I was able to get all three of my letters and will be submitting them to my insurance company this month. It typically takes an additional month for approval, but I would be saving a ton of money. My sister will be traveling with me to make sure that I am OK and to take care of me. At least for the first week, and then I am going to Atlanta for my cousins and them to help. I have a great phamily!

My parents still do not know that I am medically transitioning; however, they have no choice but to know this year because of surgery. I told myself that I was not going to go into surgery without them knowing. My mom is already pressuring me to let her come to VA. I already know it is going to be an issue, and I am mentally and emotionally prepared to take whatever comes. My parents are more image people. They care about what people think of them, and being that my father is a minister in a Pentecostal church and my mom being a missionary.... I will be living in all types of hell, and God doesn't love me, and this and that. To be honest, I don't even know if they will be keeping me in their life. If not, it will hurt, but I have a huge support system and I am sure they will hold me down.

I am still working my butt off, but I have my own place now! WHOOP WHOOP! It was big change, and I am loving the independence! I watch what i want to watch, eat what i want to eat, and do what I want to do in MY HOUSE! This is the most comfortable I have felt in a long time.

Of course.... I have been traveling quite a bit, and my have an opportunity to go to India this year for work! Am I excited? Hell yeah! Am I scared? HELL YEAH! But I do not want to regret any of my decisions.... so if this is a way for me to travel overseas.... I will take it! Especially if it is free!!! Who wouldn't?!?! Now granted, I have only been on a plane once and that was from Atlanta to Houston. Not a bad flight, but I will say the 4 year old next to me put me to shame.

I have decided to start working on a book regarding my life as a black man, but a black man of trans experience. I have to reach out to some writers that one of my really good friends put me in touch with. I am excited to see what is to come. I have a lot of experiences during my journey, and not everyone journey's is the same; however, we are all not pregnant men or Chaz Bono. This is one thing that I want to bring to the attention of society.

Here are some pictures of me now.... I have changed a lot since the last time I began writing this blog. I have been medically transitioning for 2 years now, so i am "blending" a lot more now than I was a year ago. It has been a long time coming, but I am so ready to have my top surgery. I have been thinking about having bottom surgery, but I know that will not be in the future any time soon. I know that it be a good minute before I have this surgery.






No comments:

Post a Comment